[ale] New at this

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Mon Feb 18 23:50:55 EST 2002

George -

Not sure what you were looking at (Slackware??) but I'd recommend this
instead:

If you have a CD burner (any OS, Windows is OK), download the ISO files
from one of the distro sites or wherever.

If you don't have a CD burner or if you have a CD-ROM drive that doesn't
work well with burnt CDs, you can order inexpensive CDs from
www.cheapbytes.com.

If you are willing to go the Debian route, you can actually burn a few
floppies and yank the rest of the distro over the Internet.

If you go the Gentoo route, you burn a small CD-R, boot to it, and the
rest comes over the Internet.

- Jeff