[ale] Hard drive blues

Jim Philips jcphil at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 15 21:29:18 EST 2002

I have almost the same hard drive, only mine is a 30 gig. What, exactly,
happens when you try to boot to the new hard drive when it is jumpered
as master? And how are you trying to boot Linux? lilo? grub? boot disk?
Have you got Linux on the new hard drive? What happens if you make a
boot disk from that hard drive?  How did you build the new hard drive?
Was Linux the first OS or Windows? I hate to bombard you with questions,
but all of this is relevant to the problem.