[ale] bout me company

Irv Mullins irvm at ellijay.com
Fri Feb 15 13:22:17 EST 2002

On Friday 15 February 2002 09:18 am, Jeff Hubbs wrote:

> The question is, is it really a "fund" or is it an arbitrary "labeling"
> of money?  Think of it this way:  what would you think of the company
> that sends people to a Win2K "wizardfest" like the $5995 one I described
> earlier BUT would turn down someone who wanted to go for one of the
> computer security certs?  Or, to abstractualize further, one that
> wouldn't pay for a UPS?  One former employer of mine wouldn't pop for a
> UPS or a tape drive but would pop for four security cameras and a
> time-lapse VCR.

I can see why he's a "former" employer. I would have gotten out of that
trap as quickly as possible, too. Because, you just KNOW who's going
to be blamed when all the business records go south.

Some people just aren't capable of seeing the consequences of their actions,
even when it is spelled out to them. I guess there's not much you can do in
those cases. Although, I might have been tempted to make a backup somewhere,
then accidentally trip over the power cord and let him sweat for a while,
before I 'remembered' the backup. ;^p

Regards,
Irv