[ale] apt-get boot cd?

Randy Janinda rjaninda at tqlabs.com
Thu Feb 14 23:27:40 EST 2002

I'll bite. I *was* a RedHat fan since 4.2. In that time I tried Debian
and even 2 or 3 of the BSD's. I even did a few Linux From Scratches
(sp?)

I have switched to Gentoo and cannot imagine anything else. It did take
about a day and a half to get the system built on my laptop. This included
the base install, X, a windowmanager, and a few select tools and programs.

The ebuild system is easy to learn, modify, and use. My only learning curve
was switching from RH's /etc/rc.d/ setup to Gentoo's /etc/default
/etc/init.d. No big deal.

I'll never go back. Of course I wouldn't recommend Gentoo to my
mother, but then again, that's not Gentoo's purpose.

Randy Janinda
rjaninda at tqlabs.com