[ale] petition

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Feb 14 21:58:11 EST 2002

I would prefer to have Microsoft forced to publish every line of code
for every OS they have released since DOS 1.0.

I don't want MSOffice on my linux boxes unless it too is fully
documented with full access to every line of code. I simply don't trust
the vulture of Redmond.

The code doesn't have to be GPL. They could have a redistributon
prohibition clause on binaries. I want to see what they are doing when
my network shows traffic and I'm not doing anything. (kids windows box)
I want to see how my personal data gets handled. I want to see how the
difference between the published API and the purchased API.

<side note - how much $$ does Microsoft make from licenses with Norton
and MacAfee virus software?  Whose cash-paying interest would be served
by closing the security holes?>