[ale] FTP replication

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Thu Feb 14 06:09:42 EST 2002

Mark E. Schill wrote:
>    I want to replicate my website to my local machine so that I can edit
> the web site and then upload the changes. What programs are available
> that will allow my to sync up a local filesystem with a remote file system?
>
> Thanks
> Mark

rsync.  After an initial full copy, it can even be set to download only changed files, saving bandwidth/time.  You can also reverse the direction of the data (upload and download).  Saves permissions and has all sorts of other fun options.  I use it in a weekly cron to copy the distro updates from SuSE.  Works great.  Very handy.

Lost in Tokyo,
   Keith