[ale] Samba Malfunction

Grady Fox g_j_fox at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 14:44:12 EST 2002

Samba was working until a few days ago.  When I try to
connect to the share from net' neighborhood I get the
"enter network password" box.  I enter a user id and
passwd and get a "incorrect password or unknown user
message."  I have verified the user is specified in
smb.conf.  I can telnet to the box using the user id
so I know that I have the correct password.  Samba is
running on RH 7.2.  If anyone has any ideas on how to
correct the problem I would appreciate the
information.  On a possible cause, I installed
ColdFusion server last week to run with Apache.  Could
this have caused the problem?  How would I correct it?
Thanks in Advance,
Jay