[ale] a web page server hack

Michael Golden naugrimk at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 22:57:08 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-02-12 at 20:07, Stephen Turner wrote:
> BTW what do you guys recommend for an apache web
> server? since im going to be running my own web site
> probobly for just a few tacky things i dont expect
> much traffic that is assumeing we dont get popular ;)
> i may end up setting up one server for a file & web
> server, is this a (bad) (o.k.) (good) idea?

	I only have experience with apache, but I know that there are other
webservers available out there. I've never personally used it, but Tux
from RedHat is supposed to be really good and fast but it is limited to
static content and requires a kernel patch (Is this still true? I
remember much of the tux patches being integrated and tux 2.0 requiring
less, if any. Does anyone know the current status?).
	I would, however, personally recommend apache. You have mentioned in
many an email before that you like to explore technology and apache will
give you flexibility to play with all sorts of things like PHP and
mod_perl along with other goodies.

--
Michael Golden <naugrimk at yahoo.com>
GnuPG Public Key: 1F8BDBDE