[ale] OT: Viewing Habits Re: [ale] IBM linux e-server comercial.

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Feb 11 22:23:59 EST 2002

I don't want to think about the nasty smelling compounds that are
emitted during a CD nuking party. I zapped one with my daughter watching
and it took 3 days for the microwave to quit stinking!

Looked cool though. My 11 year old offered up a InStnk CD from McDonalds
for the offering of CD #2. Does a dad's heart good. :-)

More fun microwave stuff:

Elevate the turntable plate if you have one so it wont turn. Stack
mini-marshmallows on a paper plate so it is tight packed and will still
fit into the oven. Zap it for about 30-45 seconds. When you disassemble
the stack, the melted ones will be at the wave nodes for your oven, i.e.
"hot spots". If you let it rotate, you can melt out a circle.

Find a fluorescent light that will fit diagonally into the oven. Zap it
for NO MORE THAN 5 SECONDS!! It will glow _very_ brightly. As most
lights are in the 40W range and the oven is in the 400-1200 Watt range,
the light is getting hit wit lots more energy than it is designed to
handle. Don't touch the light for about 15 minutes afterwards. It will
be too hot to handle.

Mr hamster.  We won't go there :)