[ale] missing dependencies under Redhat.........

keith frost pfrostie at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 12:03:13 EST 2002

goto rpmfind.net do a search and download the files.
find out that there are other files needed by those
files.
do a search and download the files.
find out that there are other files needed by those
files.
do a search and download the files.
find out that there are other files needed by those
files.
do a search and download the files.
find out that there are other files needed by those
files.
do a search and download the files.
find out that there are other files needed by those
files.
do a search and download the files.
find out that there are other files needed by those
files.
do a search and download the files.
find out that there are other files needed by those
files.
find out that the last file needed conflicts with the
first file needed and can not be installed.

sorry but this is still a painful subject for me.
:-(

--- Courtney Thomas <ccthomas at flash.net> wrote:
> Greetings !
>
> Running........
>
> 	rpm -ivh WindowMaker~
>
> I get.......
>
> 	wmconfig is needed by WindowMaker~
> 	libPropList is needed by W~
> 	libPropList.so.0 is needed by ........
> 	libungif.so.4 is ........
>
> How is all this most efficiently resolved, please ?
>
> BTW, 6.1, if it matters.
>
> Appreciatively,
> Courtney
>

> ---
> This message has been sent through the ALE general
> discussion list.
> info. Problems should be
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux