[ale] RealPlayer is now RealOne

ChangingLINKS.com ChangingLINKS.com at bigfoot.com
Fri Feb 8 14:51:52 EST 2002

Okay, I want to take the time to thank  J.P. Kinney for all his help on this
matter. I tried the different programs to play the attached file. I tried
converting the rif(or whatever) to .wav - it almost worked.
Finally, I installed Real Player, but something is still "up." I cannot play
midi or the special .wav and get the following message:

RealSystem Messages
This is an infrequently occurring error message, and therefore we have not
provided a solution in this list. Please send e-mail to RealNetworksTechnical
Support using the Support Request form.
 In your request, please include the error message text as well as what you
were doing just prior to the message's appearance.

Not that I want to use Netscape, but Netscape goes looking for a plugin. Real
Player tries to pick up the file, and says "Some components are not available
to provide playback for this presentation on your system."

So I install "plugger.rpm" and . . . restart Netscape. Same problem.

So, I am attaching this .wav file. Can anyone play it - except Microsoft?
Drew
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com