[ale] mozilla

Ken Kennedy kkennedy at kenzoid.com
Fri Feb 8 11:03:14 EST 2002

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 06:05:12AM -0800, Fulton Green wrote:

> And it goes w/o mentioning that the Galeon browser (which is also in RH 7.2)
> uses the Gecko rendering engine but substitutes a straight GTK UI in lieu
> of Mozilla's XUL, thereby making for a smaller footprint (at the expense of
> customizable skins).

Galeon rocks. After a period with Konq (which I still consider a nice
browser), galeon has retaken it's place a "browser o' choice" on my
box. Try it...you'll like it. You'll REALLY like it if you compare
mozilla and galeon's loading speed/footprint/etc. There's also
skipstone, if you're looking for a REALLY minimalist browser that
still uses Gecko, but I've had more stability/usability issues with it
than galeon.

Ken Kennedy	| http://www.kenzoid.com	| kenzoid at io.com

 PGP signature