[ale] Shell Scripting

Mark E. Schill Mark.Schill at cmschill.net
Thu Feb 7 15:59:34 EST 2002

Ok I admit it, I am a novice at shell scripting, but can anyone tell me
how to code this correctly:

#!/bin/sh
# Script to sync up remote ftp and www directories with local directories
#
#
#

# Parameters
set UP_PARAMS = "-avzun -e ssh --progress --delete --partial"
set DN_PARAMS = -avzun -e ssh --progress --delete --partial

set REMOTE_BASE = 'mschill at cmschill.net:/usr/home/mschill'
set LOCAL_BASE  = /data/dev/cmschill.net

# Sync FTP Directory
rsync $DN_PARAMS  $REMOTE_BASE$/public_ftp/ $LOCAL_BASE/public_ftp/
rsync $UP_PARAMS  $LOCAL_BASE/public_ftp/ $REMOTE_BASE/public_ftp/

# Sync WWW Directory