[ale] Weird Winbloze-related problem, need directions to meeting

Kevin Krumwiede krum at smyrnacable.net
Thu Feb 7 14:33:25 EST 2002

I booted my computer this morning, and after the video card prints its
message, instead of hardware detection, I see a picture of a kitten and a
puppy and the words "Gigabyte is hailing you."  (Gigabyte is my motherboard
manufacturer, but in the year and a half I have had this machine I have never
seen that picture.)  Then LILO comes up, and if I choose windows I get
"Read-only error reading drive C: abort, retry, fail?"  If I boot Linux, it
mounts the Windows partitions read/write, no problems.  Linux lives on hda
and Winbloze is on hdb, with drives swapped from LILO when booting Windows.

Could something have flashed my BIOS?  I just installed the latest version of
the Trillian message client, so maybe it came with a virus or a new exploit.
In any case, Linux is working fine, but I may have some problems getting the
data from my Outlook mail files... could somebody please mail me the
directions to or location of the ALE-Unemployed meeting tonight?

Thanks,
Krum