[ale] OT: Sony Vaio laptop cd-rom/cd-rw/dvd

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Thu Feb 7 09:12:23 EST 2002

> On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 10:15:56AM -0500, Vernard Martin wrote:
> > My wife has inherited a sony vaio laptop (model Z505JS). However, it
> > didn't come with any of the peripherals and the hard drive is wiped.
> > Does anyone here have a sony vaio with a compatible cd-rom/cd-rw/dvd
> > unit that I can make arrangements to borrow for a few days? She wants to
> > put windows on it for now but will probably dual boot with linux at a
> > later date and possible even move ove to linux completely on it at some
> > point. But first things first. Got to get a way to load Windows. (I've
> > already figured out how to do it with linux without the cdrom)

So you just need some way of installing an OS on it?

I have a PCMCIA SCSI card (and a portable 8x drive)... or I think I
might be able to borrow a USB floppy drive from work.

Buy you just may want to pick up one of those USB floppies -- they're
cheap..

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                    pizzaATfucktheusers.org
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                           ICQ# 1318344

 PGP signature