[ale] SMTP Servers

John Councilman jcouncilman at knology.net
Tue Dec 31 15:14:36 EST 2002

Bernstein in famous for being hard headed... That is why Qmail seems
stagnant.  Bernstein believes that his code is perfect.  When installing
qmail, you have to apply a good deal of patches to make it ready for
production (Example: The famous "AOL Patch")

Ezmlm is in the same boat as Qmail, being a Bernstein product, he
believes that it is perfect.
Ezmlm-idx is an offshoot of ezmlm which has some added features, but it
seems as if the page (www.ezmlm.org) has disappeared.

When you deal with Dan Bernstein's products, you learn to deal with his
hard headiness and just apply patches from people.

That is the biggest drawback to using Qmail in my opinion.

John