[ale] SNARE?

Doug McNash dmcnash at smyrnacable.net
Tue Dec 31 14:51:15 EST 2002

Looks interesting...

But what I would like to find (or develop) is what I might
call "The Network Tarbaby."  I know there are lots of
attmpts to scan and break into my (and your) machines. So
we leave one sitting out that looks like it can be broken
into but really just wastes your crackers time (like they
have your and mine.) Perhaps even does malicious things
like the Military Black Ice in the Gibson novels.  More
than a honeypot, like a tarbaby, it sticks to them. Get a
lot of people using something like this across the world
and it might become a deterrent.

I have played with LaBrea but it doesn't work quite work
as I expected (probably because I have to misconfigure my
firewall/router to get it to work at home.)

Anyone used or know of something like this or any other
honeypot type code?

--
Doug McNash
dmcnash at smyrnacable.net