[ale] Wireless Design Suggestions

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Dec 31 13:12:43 EST 2002

You won't be able to pull out the original phone line. It will be
stapled about every 18-24".

An easy route is to go up to the attic and then back down along side a
plumbing vent stack to the bottom. Also, AC ductwork is an acceptable
path.

Going out through a wall behind a downspout is actually an acceptable
path. The downspout provides OK mechanical protection. Just silicon
caulk the holes and make them as small as possible.

Interior wall are easier to pull through as they rarely have insulation.

A cold air return duct can make a fairly easy chase. Use a small balloon
and a long piece of very light string and have the blower running. It
will pull the balloon through. A small hole, pop the balloon and snare
the string and use it to pull the cable.