[ale] divergent issue related to lspci, was: Re:interrupts in linux??

Hugh Esco escocs at alltel.net
Sun Dec 29 13:37:36 EST 2002

Yes, I understand that /proc is all in ram, not on the hard drive.  But
what specifically is it about the kernel which builds it at boot time?  The
/proc hierarchy is getting built, but apparently not the expected contents
of /proc/bus.  Where would I start in trouble shooting this problem?

Perhaps that is a never mind.  I just got the following
response back from a friend on this subject:

>The kernel detects a PCI bridge at boot time. The response you got shows
>there is no PCI hardware on badili.  It's an all-ISA box.  Must have been
>designed before about 1993. This makes it hard to figure out what hardware
>exists on the machine.

-- Hugh