[ale] OT: lease-to-buy laptops?

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Sat Dec 28 23:53:55 EST 2002

On Fri, 27 Dec 2002, John Wells wrote:

> I'm considering a project that will require a laptop to complete.  Problem
> is, payoff won't be offered until project completion, and I can't afford
> at the moment to front the cost of a laptop for the duration.
>
> Anyone know if any companies offer lease-to-buy (iow, pay a monthly
> payment until you purchase) laptops?  I estimate I'll only need to lease
> for approx. 3 months.

There is an Atlanta company named Optimus Solutions that deals in new and
used hardware, mainly IBM and Cisco. They offer a rental program on
certain equipment that allows you to rent the hardware for a predetermined
amount of time and then opt to buy if you desire. 50% of your rental money
goes towards the purchase. Call 770-349-3344. Ask for Beth Crawford and
tell her I sent you. Their website is at http://www.optimussolutions.com

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security