[ale] need some input on tv capture cards

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Fri Dec 27 20:54:41 EST 2002

> slap head...  gotcha.  I just reviewed the thread and noted the issue of
> Point is, he shouldn't need a converter as it's
>  s-video out right?  Or is the plan to take the output of the s-video
> and  send it to a monitor??
>
> I could see where he might need a converter if he's doing vga to the tv,
>  but he's saying he's got s-video out, which should be tv ready.

Yep...s-video to tv, not s-video to monitor.  I'm a little dim on the
technology, and assumed the site was saying *any* video-out on a graphics
card would be inadequate.  Calvin's running s-video to tv and says he gets
good performance, so I should be ok here.

Thanks for all the input and clarification.

John