[ale] S-video to RCA convertor in Atl?

Mike Panetta ahuitzot at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 26 12:05:19 EST 2002

I am not sure where you can find one, but if you can't you can make one.

You just need to find the pinouts for the S-Video connector somewhere on
the web, and buy an S-Video connector (its a 4 pin minidin connector
IIRC), an RCA jack, and 2 1K ohm resistors from your local radio shack,
and make one by connecting the chroma out and the luma out from the
S-Video connector together through the 2 1K ohm resistors to the center
lead of the RCA jack.  IE S-Vid Chroma -> resistor -> RCA center, and
S-Vid Luma -> resistor -> RCA center, and S-Vid gnd -> RCA outside.

HTH,
Mike