[ale] sharing the wealth - ide ata66 and better

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Dec 22 09:01:46 EST 2002

My current drive is ata66 capable, so I've always had the ide=66 entry
in my lilo config, but noticed the other day that I was getting the
following message:

denali kernel: ide0: Speed warnings UDMA 3/4/5 is not functional

Took a bit of research.  At first it was indicated that the cable was
the problem, but following replacement of two (80 pin) cables, still no
go.  A second effort at research yielded that what's also necessary is:

ide0=ata66

Once I added this option to my config, I no longer see the above message.

Feedback is certainly welcome.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...