[ale] OT: Lego RCX

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 21 12:20:06 EST 2002

Grant,

On Sat, 2002-12-21 at 06:19, F. Grant Robertson wrote:
> Has anyone on the list done much with the Lego robotics kits?  I borrowed a 1.0 kit from a friend and was just curious to hear anyone's experiences with it, especially in regards to alternative compilers and firmware.. Links, comments, experiences?

	I've looked into it a bit, but since I'm not currently working, I've
not yet purchased the kit :-/.  Nevertheless, here are some links for
doing Lego things on Linux systems:

	Not Quite C, a C compiler/interpreter for the Lego
RCX:	http://www.baumfamily.org/nqc/
	Talk to an RCX from Linux/serial: http://www.hamjudo.com/rcx/
	Mindstorms Internals: http://www.crynwr.com/lego-robotics/

	HTH!