[ale] Financial Package for Linux? Microsoft Money for Linux?: )

Jordi S. Bunster j.bunster at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 21 02:04:25 EST 2002

On Sat, 2002-12-21 at 00:15, Neal Wilkinson wrote:

> In your opinion what is the best financial package for Linux? I was
> running Quicken in Windows and am trying to move everything over but of
> course the big guns (Intuit, Microsoft) don't make a Linux product. My
> needs are very simple and include keeping track of a checking account or
> two and I'd like to be able to download my data from the bank and bring
> it into the package. Thanks for your opinions.

I really don't know about downloading the data from the bank, but I use
gnucash. It is simple to use, all configuration is GUI based, quite
neat. I also use it only to keep one or two accounts, perfect for the
job.

It is very extensible trough guile. And modules that fetch stock quotes
already exist, so it should not be all that hard to implement the bank
stuff.

--
Jordi S. Bunster <j.bunster at earthlink.net>

 This is a digitally signed message part