[ale] Now that DirecTV DSL is discontinuing...

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Wed Dec 18 15:15:28 EST 2002

I've had a friend setup the digichem domain for me, using directtvdsl, so
I do collect the mail here. I don't deliberately expose anything else but
ssh, but want to retain the option to so experiment. I want an assigned ip
address, but I'm happy to pick it up with dhcp. I'm pretty sure I can get
Earthlink DSL, I know I can get it cable here, so does anybody know how
well they can handle such?

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Cory T. Echols wrote:

> On 12/17, Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> > How's Earthlink as far as running servers goes?
>
> I use Earthlink.  I constantly expose ssh with no problems.  In the past
> I've opened up 80 for short times, although I have a friend on Earthlink
> who swears his port 80 is blocked.  I think that Earthlink has a policy
> of blocking port 25.

<<snip>>