[ale] OT: H1B

Matty matty91 at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 16 12:51:29 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 12:10, F. Grant Robertson wrote:
> >>You can thank the new "Global Economy" and the Republicans for that ;)
>
> So, your presenting the notion that the Republicans, acting alone and with malice, are systematicly destroying our nations economy for the betterment of the global economy?
>
> Need I remind you that the Clinton whitehouse signed the vast majority of legislation affecting the H1B program?  Who was it that granted China MFN trade status? Signed NAFTA?

I am not letting the Democrats off the hook either. The Republicans over
the years (Reagan, Bush Senior, Bush Junior) have pushed to Globalize
the economy (Clinton did also). In reading various source (New Week, NY
Times), *I* believe the global economy is going to kill us. Flaws int eh
current laws and cheap import tariffs make overseas sweat shops look
like a great place to send American jobs. My personal decision would be
to put us on a level playing group (higher tariffs, lower taxes for
American based companies, etc.), but unfortunately that would make large
corporate business men take home less money. This is also ignoring the
obvious Macro Economic effects.

> I really doubt that you could make this stand alone without rhetoric..  Can we have some facts?
> ---

Ryan Matteson - UNIX Administrator
GPG ID: 1B52A210 2002-12-01 Ryan Matteson (Primary Key Pair)
<matty91 at bellsouth.net>
Public Key: http://www.daemons.net/~matty/public.asc
Detached Digital Signature: http://www.daemons.net/~matty/public.sig.asc
Fingerprint = A0B1 298E 29C4 3F26 01D5  EDFC 3D62 281F 1B52 A210