[ale] OT: H1B

ahuitzot at mindspring.com ahuitzot at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 16 09:33:20 EST 2002

I usually do not reply to this kind of krap, but I will make an exception this
time.  I do think that the person who made the "hotel patel" comment was a bit
extreme, and I would possibly take that as a racist comment.

But on the subject, I will state, and this is from my experience and factual
evidence, I DID NOT LOOSE MY JOB DUE TO H1B VISAS.  I lost it because the CEO
of the company decided to OUTSOURCE the company's software development to
another country.  EVEN THE H1B'S where I worked LOST THEIR JOB.  THE H1B is
not the problem.  Its the corprate mentality to get the job done as cheap as
it can be, reguardless of the human factor that is killing the US economy and
our jobs.  The H1B's may be beneficial in other areas, I am sure they are not
just extending them because of the software industry (almost nonexistant one
at that), I am sure there are other industries in the US in dire need of
qualified workers, and since the colleges and technical schools have all been
pushing IT, there very well could be a shortage of qualified people in other
areas.  Of course I could also be talking completely out my ass on that one.

So how many people on this list actually lost their job due to an H1B?  Can
you prove thats why?

Oh, and BTW, people with H1B's are people too, maybe if you got to know one
and became friends with one (like I did at my previous job) you may actually
decide to treat them like people and not outcasts.  Stop reacting from fear
and ignorance (of loosing your job or whatever) and instead act with
intelligence and kindness.

Mike