[ale] SAMBA problem solved! New problem . . .

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Sun Dec 15 19:09:11 EST 2002

I agree. The Win boxes are gonna drop anyway. Well, I tried the solution of
adding the os level line, and it did not work. I tried setting it to 65 and I
tried setting it to 1.
Restarting SAMBA does not work. I stopped samba and the Win box still could
not see itself or browse the network. It seems as though the Linux server has
"jammed" the Win machines (not my other Linux box) from the network.

The ONLY way to get it working is to physically disconnect the Lin Samba
Server from the network! The other Linux box does not run Samba, and does not
create a problem at all.

Anyone seen this problem?

Drew