[ale] Postfix or Qmail

David Bronson dbron at roman.net
Sat Dec 14 13:18:46 EST 2002

One
more thing about Qmail. I think that Dan Bernstein and the unusual licensing of
Qmail is an obstacle to the development of this well written application -
for example see: <A
href="http://cr.yp.to/compatibility.html">http://cr.yp.to/compatibility.html .
The GNU license of Postfix has more appeal (imo). As honorable as
the gesture is to "demand" that others honor the qmail file locations so that
they will be the same on every platform, different distributions do things
differently - and admins and users make their choices based on the personalities
of the different choices.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Here
is a link that goes into great detail to describe problems one might have with
choosing qmail: <A
href="http://freshmeat.net/projects/qmail/?topic_id=32">http://freshmeat.net/projects/qmail/?topic_id=32
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>DB
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: ale-admin at ale.org
  [mailto:ale-admin at ale.org]On Behalf Of Thomas HolmquistSent:
  Friday, December 13, 2002 11:46 PMTo:
  ale at ale.orgSubject: [ale] Postfix or Qmail
  Has anyone tried both? My main concern is
  security... does Qmail top Postfix on
that?