[ale] Mandrake can't network

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Thu Dec 12 17:28:32 EST 2002

On Thursday 12 December 2002 04:58 pm, Jonathan Glass \(IBB\) wrote:
> I know it's silly, but have you checked your firewall rules?  Does
> Mandrake ship with them?  This has kicked me in the butt w/RH more than
> once...just a thought.

I suppose that makes more sense than anything else I can imagine.  I said
"no firewall" during the install, but what if it does something really
stupid like deciding I mean "no network".  The install certainly thought
it should be able to network as it would try to get updates and whatnot
during the install.

but it is something to think about.

Michael