[ale] Changing Sendmail's IP address

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Dec 12 15:08:48 EST 2002

Jonathan Chum wrote:

> This new AOL policy is a good way to kill off competiting ISPs by blocking
> email transmissions to their servers. I would they could just have filtered
> the IP address for that one particular user who reported it.

You said it.  With the latest klez virus which spoofs the sending
address, soon AOL will only talk to AOL....

I get at least 1 or 2 emails a day that claim to be something I sent and
are bounced because the to: addr is invalid, the size of the file is too
large, or it's to a subscribe only list.  Checking them out, they're all
viri generated.  The interesting part is they all seem to have
references to AOL in the headers...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...