[ale] OT: camcorder/camera combos

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Wed Dec 11 03:20:37 EST 2002

On Wednesday 11 December 2002 02:00 pm, Mazukna, Thomas wrote:
> As for taking digital photos I will get the smallest camera I can with good
> enough resolution for printing,

Yeah, but one thing you forget:  Smallest camera = poor lens.  I have a 4
megapixel Cybershot P9 and love its features and ultra compact size, but I
feel less than comfortable with the quality of the optics.  There's a reason
that pros use nice lenses with big price tags ;)

It's sad that in this day and age people will up the pixel count and forget
that proper lighting and lenses make such a difference in quality.

Then again, people have also been brainwashed into believing that good TV
requires compression ;)

-E.  (come on Aaron, I'm just warming them up for ya)