[ale] OT: camcorder/camera combos

Mazukna, Thomas Thomas.Mazukna at delta.com
Wed Dec 11 09:37:42 EST 2002

Thank you for putting everything backwards!

1. I say "preferably not from Sony", because they call it diferrent and do
not need to support the standart. Some of their cameras work great, some not
so great. I will have to dig up that site, It has nothing to do with linux,
but with miniDV cameras.
2. and again zero reference to linux, but some cameras can only stream data
to pc via firewire and do not accept data to the camera to be written onto a
tape.
3. I was making a point that miniDV is digital, not that it is digital
because it is miniDV, hi8 btw is same as miniDV just diferrent tape.

Tomas