[ale] Regarding replies to the list...

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 9 11:23:11 EST 2002

Geoffrey wrote:
> Let me make sure we all understand this.  Two folks have indicated they
> prefer the current setup. In my mind, there are three options.
>
> Currently there is no way to send email to the original poster without
> explicitly typing their email addr into the window.  That to me sucks.
>
> 2nd, is selecting reply would reply to the list, selecting reply-all
> would send email to the list and the poster.  I would prefer this much
> over the current situation referenced above.

How would you do this? Have the list manager munge the From:
address?

Anyway, if it's easy to do it the #2 way, I'd prefer that - it's
easier to delete an unecessary list address than to type the
poster's address. On the other hand, I have no strong objection
to the current "Reply-to list" setup.

Cheers,

-- Joe Knapka