[ale] Regarding replies to the list...

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at sciatl.com
Mon Dec 9 10:34:13 EST 2002

Geoffrey wrote:
> Let me make sure we all understand this.  Two folks have indicated they
> prefer the current setup. In my mind, there are three options.
>
> Currently there is no way to send email to the original poster without
> explicitly typing their email addr into the window.  That to me sucks.
>
> 2nd, is selecting reply would reply to the list, selecting reply-all
> would send email to the list and the poster.  I would prefer this much
> over the current situation referenced above.
>
> 3rd, selecting reply would reply to the original poster, selecting
> reply-all would send email to the original poster and the list. (the
> solution referenced by the web site link)
>
> I'm leaning towards #2.

Me, too.  Nearly all email tools have a Reply-All option that will send to all
addressees, so either 2 or 3 is useful, and as someone else has said, by
defaulting to the alie, the posts get archived, so a solution to a common
problem can be saved.

--
Pete Hardie                   |   Goalie, DVSG Dart Team
     posting from, but not     |

     - - - - - - -  Appended by Scientific-Atlanta, Inc.  - - - - - - -
This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.