[ale] Another Reason to use OSS in Government

Stephen Turner artic_knight at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 7 00:05:24 EST 2002

my 1 cent on this, i think most people are corrupt, thinking too much of
them selfs, stealing time and money in any number of ways, includeing
being idots, lazy, and makeing bad decisions. what really pisses me off is
(im a wierd geek) when companys choose to stick with windows cause 1. they
have allready paid for it and 2. linux is an unstable or hacker os. what
kind of morons wouldnt atleast check the facts when thier job or christmas
bonus is on the line? if that network really screws up its thier butt but
hey they are insured cause ms will handle it with tech support right?
linux doesnt do that even tho it never needs it............ but thats
cool, one genious claimed to know unix and windows, built a network for a
bank blah blah, well he lost his job cause his services were too expensive
and not productive. his plan for the IT department? leave windoze on the
servers so he would be needed... sadly he didnt improve them... oh well.
maybe job security is related to getting a job done in the best way? guess
i got off topic, sorry i felt like a rant or complaint,... i just think we
all need enlightenment, and when we've become geniouses, we will hopefully
realize just how nieve and how much more we need to learn. especially
ceo's and cfo's :D