[ale] USB device not accepting new address

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Thu Dec 5 18:33:47 EST 2002

I get this message occasionally when connecting my Zaurus to my RH 8 box.
I've been told that the bug is in the desktop, not the Z, which would make
sense because a desktop reboot fixes it while a Z reboot does not.

Anyway, someone mentioned that "occasionally the usbd stack gets into a
state where its module usage count is hosed".

Is there any way to reinitialize usb without rebooting?  The Z is the only
usb device I have connected, so no probs there.

Thanks,
John