[ale] DSL Router for Bellsouth

sangell at nan.net sangell at nan.net
Wed Dec 4 12:52:02 EST 2002

I tried all of this and more, I almost just sabotaged my own modem to get a
replacment, then the representitive told me even if mine was defective it
would be replaced by the same type of modem!! ARRRRG I finnaly bit the
bullet and just paid for a new modem!

\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
\_    Steve Angell,  MCSE, CCNA           _/
\_    MIS Operations Manager               _/
\_    TSYS Debt Management             _/
\_    Norcross, GA                                   _/
\_    Phone 770-409-5570                    _/
\_    Fax      770-416-1752                   _/

                      "John Wells"
                      <jb at sourceillustr        To:       <ale at ale.org>
                      ated.com>                cc:       <jeffrey.b.layton at lmco.com>
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [ale] DSL Router for Bellsouth
                      ale-admin at ale.org

                      12/04/2002 12:15
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      ale

> One last avenue...depending on how long you've had the pci modem, you
> could always call bellsouth and ask for a trade/upgrade to an external
> modem.

If you try this, remember that bending the truth with Bellsouth is almost
a necessity.  Tell them you've added a pci tv capture card and don't have
any more free slots, but that you conveniently have a network card that
you use for internal network stuff, and that you can free it up when you
need to get on the net.

John