[ale] OT: Danger Hiptop / T-mobile Sidekick

Michael Still MikeS at McBurney.com
Tue Dec 3 14:38:57 EST 2002

I have a friend that has one and loves it.  I also would like one, but until
the SDK is out and more apps are made I'll wait.  I'm sure that once the SDK
is out then there will be syncing apps and ssh.  I'll ask my friend what he
thinks about battery life.

check out the forums on www.dangerinfo.com/forums

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Neily [mailto:ryan at neily.net]
To: ale at ale.org
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 2:32 PM
To: ale at ale.org
Subject: [ale] OT: Danger Hiptop / T-mobile Sidekick

Anyone own/used one of thse?  It looks VERY kewl, however, I wont buy one
just yet for the following reasons.

1) No SDK for the device.  (when someone writes a SSH client for this
thing, I'll be first in line)

2) No sync'ing with PIM software such as Outlook (ewww) or Notes (double
ewww)

3) Lousy Battery Life - I've heard that the device can barely get through
a day of moderate use without being charged...

Anyone have one that they use instead of a palm and a phone?  I am dieing
to get rid of my palm and my cell, and intergrate the two devices
together...

--
Ryan Neily
ryan at neily.net

Random Quote:
"Aerodynamics are for people that cant build good engines... - Enzo Ferrari"