[ale] OT: GPL Question

Jeffrey B. Layton laytonjb at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 30 19:40:19 EDT 2002

Fulton Green wrote:

>On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 06:28:24PM -0400, Jeffrey B. Layton wrote:
>

>>Joseph A. Knapka wrote:
>>

>(snip)

(snip)

   If I can beg everyone's indulgence, I'd like to ask one
more seemingly silly question. If I have a Python script
(Python 2.2 is under the Python Softtware Foundation
License) that is calling a "module" for a library that
is GPL (for sake of argument 'kmatplot' at
kmatplot.sourceforge.net). Since kmatplot is GPL
doesn't Python using kmatplot modules violate the GPL?
Is my Python script now GPL? (This is starting to hurt
head a whole bunch).

Thanks!

Jeff