[ale] OT:DSL Wiring (To My Linux Box tho)

Jeff Rose jojerose at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 30 14:46:48 EDT 2002

I've moved my computer to another room in the back of the house.  The
room didn't have a phone jack so I installed one.  Now my speeds have
dropped from ~140K to 60-70K.  I used cat3 wire and a standard modular
jack.  When I reconnect to the old jack in the other room, speeds are
still ~140.  It is on an older wire that is thicker.  Should I have used
different wire?
--
Jeff Rose
1914 Neely Ave