[ale] setting profile on Redhat 7.0

John R. Allgood john at turbocorp.com
Thu Aug 29 15:32:22 EDT 2002

Hello Ale

    I am using kde as my window manager for Redhat 7.0. I am trying to
set my env path but I does not change. I have tried changing it in
/etc/profile and also my .bash_profile and also tried to creat a
.profile. Nothing seems to change this. I have also noticed that none of
my system commands will work unless I am logged into the console. Oh
also when I am logged into the console my path is correct.

Thanks

--
John R. Allgood - ESC
Gainesville, Ga. 30501 USA