[ale] RE dial up to a VPN

Weston, Scott Scott.Weston at CompuCredit.com
Thu Aug 29 11:20:14 EDT 2002

My cable Internet provider assigns me an internal static IP behind their
firewall. If I want a public static IP, I must VPN into their VPN server,
which then gives me a static public IP. Can someone please recommend a VPN
client software? They also tend to disconnect the VPN connection if
connected for long periods. I would also like to configure auto reconnect to
the VPN if connection is dropped. Any Ideas on how to set this up?  I'm
using Red Hat 7.2  Thanks, Scott

information that is intended only for use by the named recipient.
If you are not the named recipient, any disclosure, dissemination,
or action based on the contents of this message is prohibited.
In such case please notify us and destroy and delete all copies
of this transmission.  Thank you.