[ale] KDE configuration confusion

Michael Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Wed Aug 28 15:12:52 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 15:02, Jim wrote:
> It should be in Control Center under Peripherals/Mouse. But I wouldn't be
> surprised if RedHat gave you rpm's for KDE with the Control Center ripped
> out.

I think you are mistaken.  I've never seen anything under
Peripheral/Mouse other than right vs. left-handed, single/double click
issues.

> On Wednesday 28 August 2002 02:48 pm, John Mills wrote:
> > ALErs -
> >
> > I just set up my RH-7.3 with KDE and would like to change some
> > window/desktop behaviors, but I don't find the controls.
> >
> > I can drag sliders, window borders, etc. with two buttons held on the
> > mouse, but I would like these type things to be left-button actions.
> > (The mouse is 2-button PS2 M$ compat, set for '3-Button Emulate')
> >
> > I can only move a window when I have already selected 'Move' in the
> > window's control widget (u.l. corner), but I would like to be able to drag
> > windows at the top of the frame (title bar).
> >
> > I shut off most of the 'eye-candy' features on my first login - did I just
> > go too far, or is there a 'style' setting I might like better? (!(M$Win),
> > please 8-P) I haven't found these settings in the control panels yet.

I've never seen this, or maybe I don't understand you.  What happens
when you click and drag the title bar?  Does the window move?  All these
things you mention are standard left click things.  I don't see a plac
to change them in Control Panel, but you can play with the settings int
Loo & Feel/Window Decoration.

--Michael