[ale] Favorite distros

Prasanna Subash subash at skyline.external.hp.com
Wed Aug 28 14:18:13 EDT 2002

I used to work for TurboLinux.. and so I know how blurred our vision was ...
Anyway TL got bought over.

1. All I can say is, Try Mandrake. Its really cool. I am running the 9.0 beta2
with Truetype supported Gnome2 ;) If RH has 3 visualization plugings in XMMS
these guys have 13. 'Nuf said.

2. If you want incrediable return of investment, try SuSE. Though they use RPM
they break down packages differently than other. IIRC they even have
different Initscripts. However they played a key role in the XFree4.0
hardware accelerating-DRI projects. So in the past, I've had the best quaking
experience on Suse.  Also they have everything opensource under the sun on
those 7 or more CD's, like progams for sattelite tracking, programs to
translate german magazines to English... you get the picture.

3. sigh.. RH ofcourse.. coz thats what 3rd party vendors wanna hear.

.
.
.
.
101. TurboLinux .. your mileage may vary :D

Prasanna Subash            |
Linux, the choice          | It's bad enough that life is a rat-race,
of a GNU generation   -o)  | but why do the rats always have to win?
Kernel 2.5.15          /\  |
on a i686             _\_v |