[ale] slackware 8.1 install bug

Joseph A. Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 27 22:17:38 EDT 2002

Geoffrey wrote:

> Joseph A. Knapka wrote:
> > Geoffrey wrote:
> >
> >>Just located a bug in the 8.1 install. When installing from cdrom, it
> >>could not locate the goods.  Turns out, the 8.1 iso has the code in a
> >>directory named slackware.  Historically, it's been slakware, and the
> >>install is still looking for that.
> >

> > Hrng?? I've done, like, ten 8.1 installs from cdrom and
> > never had that problem. Hmm, were you upgrading and using
> > the installer from a previous version?
>
> 8.1?  It's not been out that long, you've done 10 installs??

Hell, I've done five today, trying to get fbcon enabled :-)

I was installing from the boxed set, which includes a
bootable install CD. That is probably why it worked
for me. In your case, the installer (/sbin/setup) is
on the root floppy.

-- Joe
  "I'd rather chew my leg off than maintain Java code, which
   sucks, 'cause I have a lot of Java code to maintain and
   the leg surgery is starting to get expensive." - Me