[ale] Am I insane?

Wylde Bill dbaron13 at atl.bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 27 17:21:16 EDT 2002

Ah, console.

Tell me, as I've never tried it, what exactly are the advantages of the fb
console/fb X?  What kinds of cards will it run on?  How stable is it?

"Joseph A. Knapka" wrote:

> I am *not* insane!
>
> The option to use an fb console appears during the LILO
> configuration step. I skipped that, planning to install
> GRUB instead.
>
> -- Joe
>
> "Joseph A. Knapka" wrote:
> >
> > The other day I installed Slackware 8.1 on my laptop, and
> > at some point it gave be the opportunity to choose a
> > framebuffer-enabled kernel, and the fb X server. Today, I
> > am reinstalling Slack 8.1 from scratch on the same machine,
> > and for the life of me I can't get it to offer me an FB kernel,
> > nor the xxfb X server.
> >
> > WTF?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > -- Joe
> >   "I'd rather chew my leg off than maintain Java code, which
> >    sucks, 'cause I have a lot of Java code to maintain and
> >    the leg surgery is starting to get expensive." - Me
> >
> > ---
> > sent to listmaster at ale dot org.
>
> --
>   "I'd rather chew my leg off than maintain Java code, which
>    sucks, 'cause I have a lot of Java code to maintain and
>    the leg surgery is starting to get expensive." - Me
>
> ---
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

"Here's my family tree.  As far as I can tell, my relatives were carnival folk who
 were touring this place called Hiroshima in the summer of 1945.  Because they
 lost most of their hair, they mostly married each other.  And here I am"

                                                        (,,oBo,,)
 Wylde Bill                                               ||||

http://mrpooter.sytes.net
wyldechylde at geocities.com