[ale] The world just got screwed....

Mike Lockhart backpacker at hikers.net
Tue Aug 27 17:39:27 EDT 2002

I can agree with that.  They do have a legitimate and rightful claim on
the format which I have no problem with. The only problem I see with it
though is that mp3 has become such an entrenched standard that it will
be extremely hard to get licensing fee's from people.  Additionally, I
think they should have just stuck with licensing the encoder.  Think of
all the systems and applications out there currently that use mp3
decoding.

--

Michael Lockhart - PHP Developer
mailto:mlockhart at intercosmos.com