[ale] Charter Pipeline

msmith at mikeandmel.com msmith at mikeandmel.com
Tue Aug 27 13:56:12 EDT 2002

I have a Charter Pipeline account and I am not getting
blocked(I do have a static IP though so that may be the
difference).  I was one of the grandfathered
Cablevision subscribers that got to keep their static
ip....  As far as outages, I have outages whenever
there are bad storms.  I typically get 1300 kbps
download / 350 kbps upload when I have used
dslreports.com's speed test....

Mike

On Tue, 27 August 2002, "Robert L. Harris" wrote:

> I'm wondering about them blocking ports since my port
> 80 is unreachable
> from outside, but otherwise I've had few problems with
> them and the
> speed seems to be pretty decent.
>
> Thus spake dmcnash at mindspring.com
> (dmcnash at mindspring.com):
>
> > Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:36:01 -0400
> > From: <dmcnash at mindspring.com>
> > To: ale at ale.org
> > Subject: [ale] Charter Pipeline
> >

> > Anyone have an opinion of Charter Pipeline?  The
CATV
> service is poor here in
> > Smyrna but I can't get ADSL, Sat or LMDS.
> >
> > I need bandwith!
> >

> > ---
> > This message has been sent through the ALE
general
href="http://mail.mikeandmel.com//jump/http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml">http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml</a> for more
> info. Problems should be
> &gt; sent to listmaster at ale dot org.
>

> :wq!

> Robert L. Harris
>
> DISCLAIMER:
>       These are MY OPINIONS ALONE.  I speak for no-one
> else.
> FYI:
>  perl -e 'print

$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'

> ---
> This message has been sent through the ALE general
> discussion list.
> See <a
href="http://mail.mikeandmel.com//jump/http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml">http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml</a> for more
> info. Problems should be